Monday 18 June 2012

What's On?


So I've spent a lot of time conducting some research for my recent project with Blue Hippo Media. We're working on creating a series of short films with the Mashriq Challenge Resource Centre (Birmingham) who deal with Asian women of ethnic minorities who have suffered from an unstable emotional well being. This centre brings the women together to befriend, unite and support them in their life's challenges. We are also working in correspondence with the Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. These films will address and highlight the causes, issues and the consequences of what some women have gone through. They will evoke an awareness with how these issues are culturally perceived.
At the moment I'm looking at a broad range of films and works from movements dedicated to helping oppressed women around the globe (Half The Sky, Apne Aap) to television shows who address and get involved (Satyamev Jayate, Mann Ki Baat) and feature films (Provoked, A Beautiful Mind.) 
I have also been looking at short films like Touretters Haiku which I was most impressed with (bottom link) documentaries (Tulisa, Stephen Fry) and even some literature (The Yellow Wallpaper.) We decided to look at absolutely everything and anything so that when we have found a writer, we should be able to easily pick out themes and develop our plot from there on.




I've also been asked to attend the BCU Student Awards (The Trevor Awards 2012) this year to present the Blue Hippo Award to a film student (the award which I won last year!) This is a little nerve-racking as I've never been too great in front of an audience and in honesty I feel like I've only managed to achieve so much within the last year. It's certainly all been snail paced!


Alongside this I've been applying for many jobs, trying to decide which path I should venture down now and also planning on updated the good old www.amritpalsembhi.com which needs to have buckets of photos, videos and information pumped into it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment